Better late than never, so the saying goes. The latest addition to my craft kits range has been a long time coming, since the release of my Dahlias in Bloom Wreath tutorial at the beginning of the year. It was always destined to find its way to a kit too, but the journey for this one was a little longer than others.
I spent a long time deliberating over which version of the wreath to go with. There is no denying that the full wreath, almost entirely covering the hoop, is stunning - but I knew that the materials required would impact heavily on the kit price. In the interests of keeping the final price in line with my other kits, I opted in the end for the slightly 'reduced' version of the wreath for the kit. It also means that making time is reduced, which I know is a factor for many of us makers, who often have a whole heap of WIPs on the go!
Changing to this version of the wreath meant a whole lot of changes to the instructions too, not to mention the photos, so earlier in the year I set about re-writing and re-photographing... and all of this while moving into a new workspace!
There is A LOT of work that goes into turning a tutorial into a fully-fledged craft kit. I could bore you with the details all day - measuring, checking and re-checking felt quantities, drafting and testing cutting layouts, working out pricing, ordering stock... - but suffice to say it's no simple undertaking. Which is why I always want to make sure I'm 100% happy with the final product before it goes out into the world.
Finally, earlier this month (the day of my 35th birthday in fact) I finally reached the point of readiness and hit the 'publish' button on the new kit. A few months later than planned, but it's here and I hope you'll love it as much as I do!